Dr. Spacezoo is a time attack shoot-em-up jam packed full of grease and gibs, where you rescue exotic space animals from Space Zoos before a corrupted AI activates your ship's self destruct.
Trisector is an arcade style, side scrolling, bullet filled shoot-em-up (SHMUP) that has a dash of cave flying and a heaping ton of bullets.
- Unity Build Automation
- Environmental Shadows for 2D Sprites in Futile for Unity
- Normal Mapped Lighting for 2D Sprites in Futile for Unity
- Procedural Generation in Dr. Spacezoo
- Dr. Spacezoo or: How I learned to stop shooting and save the animals
- Trisector v1.0.8 : Destructible Terrain Update
- Trisector v1.0.6 : Level Tuning Update
- Trisector v1.0.5 : Bullet Pattern and Laser Update
- Trisector v1.0.4 : Score Pod Attractor and Bug Fix Update
- Dynamic Lighting Shader with Cocos2d v2.0 and CCSpriteBatchNode
- Trisector v1.0.3 : Scoring and Graphics Update
- Trisector v1.0.2 : Explosion and Smoke Particles Update
- Trisector v1.0.1 : Universal Update
- Improved Tile Culling for a CCSpriteBatchNode
- Making of Trisector: Engine
- Making of Trisector: Maps
- Making of Trisector: Sound Effects
- Making of Trisector: Collision Detection
- Making of Trisector: Testing
- Making of Trisector: Music
Trisector Dev Archive
Posted on 2013/06/10Collision detection is the core of any action game, and this article will describe how Trisector handles the mess of bullets, lasers, enemies, terrain, and the player ship colliding with each other.
Posted on 2013/06/09Trisector would not be nearly as complete and polished without the help of a handful of really awesome testers. I was lucky enough to have a few good friends that loved video games and had the time and patience to help test my game during development.
Posted on 2013/06/08I’m pretty far from being a musician, but I seriously love music. Since I was trying to do Trisector solo, that meant I needed to make a song or two for the game.
Posted on 2013/06/07First off, I’m not a great artist, but I’ve been drawing, sketching, and painting using traditional and digital tools for a long time. One of the limitations of making a game solo is that the game design had to be created within the constraints of my art abilities. This article […]
Posted on 2013/03/30Near the end of the first feature pass on Trisector, I still had about 7ms CPU and GPU per frame available, so I decided to add a slight blur to the background layer to enhance the depth of field. This article will describe the Blur Shader used for the background […]