Dr. Spacezoo is a time attack shoot-em-up jam packed full of grease and gibs, where you rescue exotic space animals from Space Zoos before a corrupted AI activates your ship's self destruct.
Trisector is an arcade style, side scrolling, bullet filled shoot-em-up (SHMUP) that has a dash of cave flying and a heaping ton of bullets.
- Unity Build Automation
- Environmental Shadows for 2D Sprites in Futile for Unity
- Normal Mapped Lighting for 2D Sprites in Futile for Unity
- Procedural Generation in Dr. Spacezoo
- Dr. Spacezoo or: How I learned to stop shooting and save the animals
- Trisector v1.0.8 : Destructible Terrain Update
- Trisector v1.0.6 : Level Tuning Update
- Trisector v1.0.5 : Bullet Pattern and Laser Update
- Trisector v1.0.4 : Score Pod Attractor and Bug Fix Update
- Dynamic Lighting Shader with Cocos2d v2.0 and CCSpriteBatchNode
- Trisector v1.0.3 : Scoring and Graphics Update
- Trisector v1.0.2 : Explosion and Smoke Particles Update
- Trisector v1.0.1 : Universal Update
- Improved Tile Culling for a CCSpriteBatchNode
- Making of Trisector: Engine
- Making of Trisector: Maps
- Making of Trisector: Sound Effects
- Making of Trisector: Collision Detection
- Making of Trisector: Testing
- Making of Trisector: Music
Posted on 2013/07/31Trisector v1.0.3 (189) is live in the App Store and includes some exciting new features such as a Burst+ power-up, Particle Shield, Improved Graphics, Dynamic Lighting, Scoring, and Scoring Leaderboards.
Posted on 2013/07/06Trisector v1.0.2 (174) is live and includes several new features such as improved particle effects and a relative touch control option.
Posted on 2013/06/25Trisector v1.0.1 was released to the App Store on 2013/07/01 and is now a Universal App with new features including improved explosions, a virtual analog stick control option, and performance improvements.
Posted on 2013/06/23Trisector uses tile maps for the Base terrain layer and the Collision terrain layer. The tiles for each layer are managed using a CCSpriteBatchNode which includes the tiles being displayed in the current viewport. This article will discuss two methods of tile culling for a CCSpriteBatchNode, where the first is […]
Posted on 2013/06/13Trisector uses a custom side scrolling parallax shoot-em-up engine. This article will discuss the making of Trisector’s engine and some of it’s inner workings (aka how I reinvented the side-scrolling shoot-em-up wheel).